Aggregation of data from multiple sources is a constant theme within business. Getting real insight from the data available is a constant challenge. All too often the source data is incomplete, inaccurate and without any logical means of understanding what you have got and equally what you are missing. Joining the disparate pieces of data together requires either expert excel knowledge, serious data integration, Business Intelligence systems, Data Warehousing solutions or a combination of all of these.
In most cases the solution is more complex or far more time consuming to prepare than initially envisaged and requires consulting or IT skills that is beyond the typical end user. Where these types of challenges are repeated on a regular basis the investment in analysing the requirements and then producing a robust solution may be easily justified. But this does not fit with the ad hoc enquiry that needs an immediate response. It does not put the power in the end user who needs to be able to respond quickly, accurately and visually.
Imagine there was a different way.
- Where data can be copied from different data sets and dropped into a single sheet
- Where the system deals with the complex join and data integrity issues
- Where the need for skilled technical input is limited
- Where data can be cleansed quickly and easily
- Where the hierarchical highly graphical interface allows rapid visualisation of the data
Welcome to OrgVue – shedding light on difficult problems
Let’s look at a typical example. The finance team may receive data from multiple sources e.g. HR, Payroll and Sales as shown below. Combining these is a simple matter of copying and pasting into OrgVue.
Within a few seconds you can be slicing and dicing data giving you immediate visual insight. For example the following gives a graphical view of the sales team and how they are performing against their targets.
It is highly visual and immediately identifies the star performers and those that are missing their targets. This can then be displayed in a histogram so that direct comparisons can be made.
Equally reports can be delivered by area or other attributes enabling immediate analysis and understanding.
Find out more about this amazing tool and how it can transform your business understanding at www.orgvue.co.uk.
Latest posts by Patrick Gracey (see all)
- What can be done to improve your chances of acquisition success - September 27, 2017
- “Just a little faster this time”: How HR thinking needs to evolve to help organisations survive - October 1, 2013
- Fortune Global 500 – Adding insight - August 8, 2013